Sunday, February 10, 2013

Episode 4: Freshest Photos

This week's assignment is entitled "Freshest Photos". I have made my own interpretation of this assignment by taking pictures of the new sprouts breaking through the ground. When I think of something that is fresh, I think of spring, with new plants making their push through the cold, hard ground into the sunlight. Since it's only the middle of February and still chilly outside, I was able to photograph the green beginnings of buds in my yard. We usually have some mushrooms growing in the back, yet I could not find any right now. Another part of the assignment is to use photo editing software to improve upon the original picture. I have done so in each picture and will list the corrections I used. 

 Picture #1: For this picture, I wanted to capture the flower bud, up close with lots of detail. I was able to get extremely close and capture the bud coming out of the ground. I used the Manual camera setting with Manual focus. It was cloudy and overcast so I adjusted the aperture to let a little more light in and adjusted the exposure. On the LCD, this picture looked pretty good, but when I got in the house it was a little overexposed. In order to offset the exposure and make the details more in focus, I used photo editing software to darken the exposure and also make the colors a bit brighter. 


 Picture #2: I did an extreme close-up on this plant as well. I ended up overexposing it as well, and made the adjustment on the photo editing software to correct the mistake. I liked th spiral of this plant, starting in the middle and coming out like a star.

Picture #3: Look at the hairs on the leaf! I think this may be my favorite picture of the bunch. I was able to get really close and used the manual setting and focus to get the leaf in focus. I like that the background is fuzzy, but you can still see that it is a leaf just like the one in the middle. I also cropped this picture to get a brown piece of grass off the left side of the image.

Picture #4: I'm pretty sure this is a bud from a Magnolia tree. I like the fuzzy tree in the background, but it's still noticeably a tree. I used the Manual camera and focus settings to achieve this picture. I ended up cropping the right side of this photo because I had left a bit of a tree going through the upper corner and it distracted from the bud.  (Plus this is Jamy's favorite picture!)                                     


Bonus Pictures!

Another spiral plant. Love these.

A tree root overgrown with moss. I really like the feel of this one and would have made it my favorite but it's a little out of focus in the middle and it almost gives me a headache to look at it ;)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment