For this video the objective was to focus more on the movement of an object. I had a difficult time thinking of a suitable subject. That is, until one night as my husband was de-stressing by playing his guitar, inspiration struck. I ran to the music room, camera in hand, and captured the movement of his fingers as he played each chord. I captured an over the shoulder shot of him, as well as up close, and profile. I am really lucky that he is so used to me taking photos of him that he kept playing without stopping and asking me what I was doing. I was able to use a make-shift tripod so that my video was not as shaky as the one last week. I used a music stand to steady my camera, and also it was useful because I could adjust the height for different shot locations. After reviewing the recording on my camera I felt I had some great shots. Then editing happened.
In order to load the video .mov files onto my laptop I had to once again, download Quicktime. After this I was able to view the videos in Corel without taking the long route and converting each and every one of them. I also discovered by help of my husband, the video processor in my laptop is not the suggested quickness for viewing the videos. It also does not have enough RAM to enable playback without sluggishness. This is why I have been having difficulty in actually getting the final product the way I want. I did the best I could editing the videos and cutting them together without actually getting to see the product. This is also the reason there are a couple times in the finished product, the movements do not actually match up with the music, and also some of the video frames I thought I had cut, are still in the final.
In the video Jamy is only playing one guitar, but you can hear multiple musical licks. He is using a Loop Station that I bought him several years ago. For this effect, he starts out playing a rhythm, and by stomping on the pedal, he can add another, and another, etc. He can add up to 15 minutes of total looping. This makes for the somewhat eerie sound that he achieves in the video.
Here is the link for my video:
Comfortable Solo by Jamy McClanahan
No comments:
Post a Comment